Understanding Different User Permissions WordPress – User Roles – WordPress Tutorial 12
– For everyone who wants to simply register at your site and leave comments (if you have it set where people have to register)
– Great for your article writers who submit content to your WordPress Site
– However, they do not have the ability or rights to publish the content to the site, you must do this.
– Their content goes into drafts or pending review
– Can do everything the Contributor can do.
– You must trust this person, as they can publish any content that passes through w/o your consent.
– They however cannot view drafts and scheduled post.
– All privileges as users before, but they can not only write articles and publish them.
– They can also edit them.
– This should be you and only you.
– Never make anyone an administrator as they can do a lot of damage.
– This user has the ability to do anything to the WordPress site.
Ex: Update and Delete the blog
Please post your comments below: